Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

Sorry if this is out of hand, but I need to get this off my chest........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sorry if this is out of hand, but I need to get this off my chest........

Post  chrixy on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm

I seem to have noticed people complaining about people and their DKs. I am sorry but you know who you are and need to knock it off. It is something new and a lot of us like them. It doesnt mean we are any less committed to the guild. It just means we want to try out the novelty of the new thing. I really get upset seeing all this crap in guild chat about " I cant believe people are leveling their DKs and not their 70s" . I didnt join the guild to hear the gestappo crap about how we arent adhering to what everyone else wants us to do . If you have a problem then it needs to be spoken about. If not shut up about it ! This isnt what was sold to me when I joined. What I was told was this was an easygoing guild that raided a lot. Not a military institution that looked down on others for having fun playing a ........... GAME !

chrixy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorry if this is out of hand, but I need to get this off my chest........

Post  Telian on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:56 am

Well lets see last i checked alot of our members themself who wish to raid seem to have fallen off the charts when it comes to leveling, i do understand where your coming from but you have to also realise that its a little bit angering and frustrating to be leveling up to 80 while you have people out there dicking around and not getting to 80, point being is that DK is a waste of time if you want to raid, now if you dont want to raid and just be a casual player and do what you want to do then thats fine go ahead , but i will step out here and say that this entire rants is most likely directed at myself and i fully accept it, but i think there is a misunderstanding here as well, you can bitch and rant about it all you want but i will continue to do it since most of my comments are not there to hurt or actually discourage you, welll some of them may be but they are mostly directed to the people who wish to raid and wish to get this guild a actual raiding spot on CC boards, yes i would love to make Disturbed Ones a popular guild in raiding tbh, but with people messing around and not leveling their characterss and playing about with a waste of time class like the death knight its gonna be damn near impossible to actually get our things together and raid and get out there and looking at the new content and such, this is a new expansion and now is the time that we have to make a name for ourselfs. and from my point of view and from what i have seen , sitting their on a DK is not helping that at all, guilds are about diversity in classes, and they are made up of and lead by great leaders and under them are the class leaders, keep in mind you can have all of this but its really those who follow and listen to these people who are the key, without all the others, this guild would be nothing, and now, its almost that you can see the failure. its as if Boman, Mirtas, Dromey(not saying that i speak for them) and myself are sitting up onb the battlefield leading the charge in and then all of a sudden we are alone and with no troops because everyone decided to run home to mommy and play peanuckle, can you imagin how frustrating that must be? anyway i could repeat myself for hours but until the people out there get it not much is going to happen, those who put in the effort will progress, all i ask is that when we are downing arthas and you guys are still in naxx, dont start complaining, you did it to yourselfs.
Telian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  omegaheals on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:09 am

Cool well i hope i don't fall into that category of dicking around lol...well just so you know i'm in iraq atm it's a deployment so ya.. i did order x-pac so just waiting on it..just though i'd defend myself due to i'm still lvl 70 and just doing odd things in game to pass time lol..on a good note it won't be long till i'm lvl 80.. lvling is fun lol yet slow but i'll be there..i might even be the first 80 shammy in guild lol...so thats i all i wanted to say..i look forward to this progression with this guild and i hope to be a great asset here...i want to shine and be on good terms with everyone in the guild..also i'll be enhance while lvling but will re-spec resto at 80 or when ever a healer is needed!!!! well enjoy and look forward to raiding with ya all
omegaheals

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chrixy on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:35 am

Telian wrote:Well lets see last i checked alot of our members themself who wish to raid seem to have fallen off the charts when it comes to leveling, i do understand where your coming from but you have to also realise that its a little bit angering and frustrating to be leveling up to 80 while you have people out there dicking around and not getting to 80, point being is that DK is a waste of time if you want to raid, now if you dont want to raid and just be a casual player and do what you want to do then thats fine go ahead , but i will step out here and say that this entire rants is most likely directed at myself and i fully accept it, but i think there is a misunderstanding here as well, you can bitch and rant about it all you want but i will continue to do it since most of my comments are not there to hurt or actually discourage you, welll some of them may be but they are mostly directed to the people who wish to raid and wish to get this guild a actual raiding spot on CC boards, yes i would love to make Disturbed Ones a popular guild in raiding tbh, but with people messing around and not leveling their characterss and playing about with a waste of time class like the death knight its gonna be damn near impossible to actually get our things together and raid and get out there and looking at the new content and such, this is a new expansion and now is the time that we have to make a name for ourselfs. and from my point of view and from what i have seen , sitting their on a DK is not helping that at all, guilds are about diversity in classes, and they are made up of and lead by great leaders and under them are the class leaders, keep in mind you can have all of this but its really those who follow and listen to these people who are the key, without all the others, this guild would be nothing, and now, its almost that you can see the failure. its as if Boman, Mirtas, Dromey(not saying that i speak for them) and myself are sitting up onb the battlefield leading the charge in and then all of a sudden we are alone and with no troops because everyone decided to run home to mommy and play peanuckle, can you imagin how frustrating that must be? anyway i could repeat myself for hours but until the people out there get it not much is going to happen, those who put in the effort will progress, all i ask is that when we are downing arthas and you guys are still in naxx, dont start complaining, you did it to yourselfs.

I understand how you feel, if I didnt I wouldnt have started this thread. I more than most want to raid. I have put my DK on the back burner. I play every moment I can . For some reason I dont seem to be leveling as fast as others do . In my own defense I have a lot of responsibilities, I am a father of 2 children, I am married and spend most of my time looking for work since jobs have seemed to dry up. So when I have even a spare 30 minutes or so I am on the game. Now when I log on and I hear people spewing all this crap , it just takes all the fun out of it . Also, being told screw you in not so many words because you are a little undergeared is not my idea of fun either. No its not the fact that I get told no. I understand that part. Its how some people go about saying it. I joined to run instances and raids with a guild . I didnt join to have to spend most of my time looking for PUGs from people i constantly get ninja'ed by just so I can fit in with the ideal look that everyone insist I have.
And now I'm going off on a tangent that has nothing to do with what I started this out to be.

SO what I am trying to say I guess is if you want a spot on the raiding boards, give it a little patience. If we are gonna be there then we will be there. It doesnt have to be rushed because some people get a little rushy or antsy. We are trying, we just get a little sidetracked sometimes. If you cant deal with that I am sorry, but it happens. Maybe people would be a little more ready to follow if the higher level people ( the leaders ) would quit ignoring people and maybe give a little help now and then instead of telling them to get this add-on or go to this site. We want a little human interaction, we want to be part of a whole , not a single standing by a bunch of other singles.

chrixy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telian on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:37 am

omegaheals wrote:Cool well i hope i don't fall into that category of dicking around lol...well just so you know i'm in iraq atm it's a deployment so ya.. i did order x-pac so just waiting on it..just though i'd defend myself due to i'm still lvl 70 and just doing odd things in game to pass time lol..on a good note it won't be long till i'm lvl 80.. lvling is fun lol yet slow but i'll be there..i might even be the first 80 shammy in guild lol...so thats i all i wanted to say..i look forward to this progression with this guild and i hope to be a great asset here...i want to shine and be on good terms with everyone in the guild..also i'll be enhance while lvling but will re-spec resto at 80 or when ever a healer is needed!!!! well enjoy and look forward to raiding with ya all
that was directed more towards the people who have the availability of getting to 80, for those of you who dont have the xpack yet thats alright and i understand that not all of us could get it opening day, i aint harpin on you guys Smile
Telian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telian on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:46 am

chrixy wrote:
Telian wrote:Well lets see last i checked alot of our members themself who wish to raid seem to have fallen off the charts when it comes to leveling, i do understand where your coming from but you have to also realise that its a little bit angering and frustrating to be leveling up to 80 while you have people out there dicking around and not getting to 80, point being is that DK is a waste of time if you want to raid, now if you dont want to raid and just be a casual player and do what you want to do then thats fine go ahead , but i will step out here and say that this entire rants is most likely directed at myself and i fully accept it, but i think there is a misunderstanding here as well, you can bitch and rant about it all you want but i will continue to do it since most of my comments are not there to hurt or actually discourage you, welll some of them may be but they are mostly directed to the people who wish to raid and wish to get this guild a actual raiding spot on CC boards, yes i would love to make Disturbed Ones a popular guild in raiding tbh, but with people messing around and not leveling their characterss and playing about with a waste of time class like the death knight its gonna be damn near impossible to actually get our things together and raid and get out there and looking at the new content and such, this is a new expansion and now is the time that we have to make a name for ourselfs. and from my point of view and from what i have seen , sitting their on a DK is not helping that at all, guilds are about diversity in classes, and they are made up of and lead by great leaders and under them are the class leaders, keep in mind you can have all of this but its really those who follow and listen to these people who are the key, without all the others, this guild would be nothing, and now, its almost that you can see the failure. its as if Boman, Mirtas, Dromey(not saying that i speak for them) and myself are sitting up onb the battlefield leading the charge in and then all of a sudden we are alone and with no troops because everyone decided to run home to mommy and play peanuckle, can you imagin how frustrating that must be? anyway i could repeat myself for hours but until the people out there get it not much is going to happen, those who put in the effort will progress, all i ask is that when we are downing arthas and you guys are still in naxx, dont start complaining, you did it to yourselfs.

I understand how you feel, if I didnt I wouldnt have started this thread. I more than most want to raid. I have put my DK on the back burner. I play every moment I can . For some reason I dont seem to be leveling as fast as others do . In my own defense I have a lot of responsibilities, I am a father of 2 children, I am married and spend most of my time looking for work since jobs have seemed to dry up. So when I have even a spare 30 minutes or so I am on the game. Now when I log on and I hear people spewing all this crap , it just takes all the fun out of it . Also, being told screw you in not so many words because you are a little undergeared is not my idea of fun either. No its not the fact that I get told no. I understand that part. Its how some people go about saying it. I joined to run instances and raids with a guild . I didnt join to have to spend most of my time looking for PUGs from people i constantly get ninja'ed by just so I can fit in with the ideal look that everyone insist I have.
And now I'm going off on a tangent that has nothing to do with what I started this out to be.

SO what I am trying to say I guess is if you want a spot on the raiding boards, give it a little patience. If we are gonna be there then we will be there. It doesnt have to be rushed because some people get a little rushy or antsy. We are trying, we just get a little sidetracked sometimes. If you cant deal with that I am sorry, but it happens. Maybe people would be a little more ready to follow if the higher level people ( the leaders ) would quit ignoring people and maybe give a little help now and then instead of telling them to get this add-on or go to this site. We want a little human interaction, we want to be part of a whole , not a single standing by a bunch of other singles.

I understand what your saying, but unfortunately being patient is not how it works, and yes ok i undersstand that you have a very involved life away from your pc, hell everyone does, but in all honesty, rushing to 80 and getting out there in raiding and being on the boards is a rushed thing, you cant be near the top if your not at least 3rd in line to down a boss, its a hard a gruling process, i dont know who where here on the server pre BC and wrath but there was this guild called juggernaught, if you wanted a fine example of raiding gods it would be them, they where the crem de la crem of raiding, and they waited for no one, if we really want to get up there on the charts and if we really want to be looked at by other guilds as THE guild on the server then we need to start picking up the pace with leveling and start getting into raids as fast as possible, its simple as that, unfortunately this does exclude an unfortunate amount of people but those who do get up there and start doing their best to hit 80 as fast ARE going to be the ones rewarded the fastest for their efforts, THEY will be the people in guild who will get out and get gear, its a simple but brutal machiene and my entire point is that if you want to be a part of this machiene then you need to kick it into high gear, delete your DK and stop being a broken cog cause your slowing us down. that is directed at EVERYONE who wants to raid and be on the charts, i am sorry but a slow leveling process wont cut it if you want to be top.
Telian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirtas on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Ok, here is my two cents on this...

Last time around DisturbedOnes waited a bit too late to get into the raiding fun, i started playing mirtas in April/May and at the time the guild was doing gruuls and kara... from then to now imo we have come a long way, but expansion has also come on us very quickly...

On the whole DisturbedOnes have come a very long way from since when a lvl 19 laokie was added into the guild by a lvl 20 Unvme back in a deadmine run... i think a little iceforged was part of that run too...

Having come a long way, i am really sure we can go all the way... but we cannot do it on the strenghts of 8-10 of us.. (The same 8-10 of us who has been there for every single raid and lost out on lots of gear because of rolls and stuff.. (a little unfair but we won't complain)

We honestly need the rest of the guild to stand up and support us. We have the people with the skills who can make DisturbedOne a top raiding guild.

I understand where both Telian and Crixxy is coming from, and you both have valid arguements on both sides... but for now i will just ask Telian to stop ragging on the DK's in guild for now. I am sure he can abstain from it.

In the mean time tho, i really didn't like the fact that some our more consistent raiders in TBC decided to lvl DK's first over their mains... But thats just me. I hold an attachment to my main... even tho he is my newest toon. He is me putting my best foot forward in the game for myself and the guild. Now i know other ppl won't see it like that, so it is just my pov for now.

Hopefully we can see other guildmates stepping it up and hopefully all together as a guild we can make strides into TBC, make people really know and respect the DisturbedOnes name.

On a side note i may lvl a Dk in the times to come but if they ever release the Archmage Hero Class i will delete my DK for that Very Happy

Last edited by Mirtas on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Mirtas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telian on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:29 pm

well put mirt, and dont get me wronge i will have a DK but i am a perfectionist when it comes to my warlock, if you will notice it is my ONLY high level character, mind you almost like mirt, if they ever release the warlock hero class( forgot the official one) or a necromancer you can kiss my DK goodbye even if its 80 now i am off to work, hope to see all of you around midday~!
Telian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guild and Raiding

Post  Boman on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi All,

Some great conversation going on here, how can I not add my 2 cents to it. For the expansion I decided to break raiding groups into 2 categories. Progression and Casual. Let me be clear on one thing: Progression is hardcore. If you signed up for a hardcore group and were accepted, the expectation is that you WILL get to L80 by the assigned date AND be geared for Naxx. It is nobody's responsibility but your own to do this. It is your raid leaders responsibility to replace you if you don't make it or haven't geared yourself for the content before the start date. It isn't personal, though it may be taken that way. It's a progression group and the expectations are high.

If that's not you, then a casual group is what you should be looking for. A casual group doesn't mean a group that can't clear the content, it means a group that is a little more easy going and may take a little longer to get there.

And for those people annoyed that spots get filled up quick or that they can't get in a group... start one! We need more raid leaders and we need to get more people involved. As painful as it is to hear, most of our members won't be able to raid with us because we don't have the spots. Once again... we need more raid leaders.

As for me, I'm hoping to get to 80 by the end of this weekend. Why? Because I absolutely love raiding! And I chose my warrior because I feel I'm a good tank, and I know the role. If I'm going to be leading a progression raid, there is no room for people that aren't experts in their chosen class and I need to set an example.

I say some of this because I know we have a lot of people that want to raid and are going to be disappointed in the expansion. I need help. I need people to step up and start forming groups. We need to get people involved! We also need some more casual groups to cater to a larger number of our members. Most people will want to be in a progression group, but a progression group isn't for most people. It isn't what we did in TBC - in TBC we were much more casual but had lofty goals.

On the other hand, if raiding turns out to be as easy as the instances currently are... things may change.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Here's the deal...

Post  Ozmademos on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:57 am

Ok, so now here's my thoughts and feelings on the matter...

Numero Uno: There are only TWO main raid leaders for the FIRST TWO PROGRESSION teams... Boman and Ozmademos. ***This means, that anything anyone may hear about who's doing well or who's doing badly, who's leveling too slowly, who's not doing enough, will henceforth only matter if it comes from those two people (Boman and Ozmademos).*** If anyone hears comments from any other person (other than Boman and Ozmademos) about not doing enough or not going fast enough or not doing good enough should be ignored! Do not let any other player other than Boman or Ozmademos let you think you aren't doing enough for these FIRST PROGRESSION teams. Other progression teams could still be formed just as easily. That being said...

Letter B: The December 9th date is ONLY for these FIRST TWO PROGRESSION teams. Other dates and deadlines for other raiding teams are up for debate with those raid leaders assigned to them. However... the December 9th date is THREE WEEKS away from todays date. Which means that even a casual player who averages half a level each day can level to 80 in plently of time.

Thirdly: For those people who are playing Deathknights or other such toons, DO NOT LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHO TO PLAY. To be sure several people playing Deathknights may or may not be on the PROGRESSION team, but who they choose to bring to the PROGESSION team is their decision; if they can make it from 55-80 for the PROGRESSION team, more power to them. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with playing a Deathknight.

Number 4: So... I want to make a little comment about what "hardcore" and "casual" mean to me. First of all, there is no black and white clear as crystal division between "hardcore" and "casual". If anything a "hardcore" raider (as partially defined by Boman in the application section) is mostly just one who shows up to at least 75%, but usually to 100%, of the raids. A "casual" raider, then, is one who cannot make the 75% quota for the raids. A "casual" raider is one who may not have the time needed to gear appropriately for or the time to devote themselves completely to raiding. ***This in no way questions any person's dedication or integrity to the guild*** Any raider should be patient and understanding with the time and efforts being made to progess through the raids. Any raider may, though it is not necessary, research tactics and discuss them amongst the other raiders and raid leaders.

On a special note... Lately, some comments have been made that any person not leveling like crazy to 80 might not be showing dedication or may be faulting on responsibilities. To clarify, only those people joining the Progression team launching Dec 9th need to be to 80 by that time. Any other person is free to pursue their own efforts in the guild to the best of their abilities, leveling any character and participating in any events pvp, pve, or otherwise. I know that for me personally, my best efforts are always going to making DisturbedOnes as inclusive and understanding as possible. I never want anyone to feel that they cannot speak up about a problem they are having or ask for assisstance at any time. Please understand that other members are also pursuing their own efforts, so help may not always be available immediately.

Again, let's not make this a dividing issue, and let's all make sure that our comments from now on are respectful and appropriate.

Thank you

Last edited by Ozmademos on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozmademos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinia on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:11 am

And it's threads and conversations like this one that I have left. I am in this game and rejoined this guild... TWICE... to relax at the end of a stressful day. I don't want more stress! Saying that a casual player or people who can't or won't level to 80 very fast is dedicated is crap. I'm sorry I have a life and it doesn't deal with a game. I'm tired of feeling like a low life because I can't be as "uber" as other people. "OMG I MADE IT TO 80!" is the mentality and that is not what DisturbedOnes was about. Apparently, it is now.
Reinia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You forget the rest of us

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:14 am

Hard core or casual raiders? is that all you see of us? What about the rest of us who don't fit yr time zone, but still want to 'hard' core raid. I know that its impossible for us to attend the midweek raids, but there's nothing stopping us raiding hard on the weekends. You KNOW blogs and I have contributee a lot of our time and effort into raids. You KNOW we luv to raid and want to 'hard' core raid. But there you are making no room for any one who can't meet yr timetable. Is that fair? I have personally helped a lot of ppl level in this guild. I have quite happily dedicated my own play time to do this. But I see no such effort being put in by the 'elitists' of this guild, except perhaps with helping their 'elitist' friends. You talk about Jaggernauts? OMG.... u didn't finish the story. Tell the rest of us what happened to Jaggernaughts. They crashed and burnt. Ppl left them in droves... accusing the 'hard core' raiding groups of only using the rest of the guild to gear themselves up. I'v always luv'd DO, the ppl and the commradship. What is happening here Bo? I totally understand progression. But to do this in such a rush, to ignore the majority of the guild? Why bother having a guild then?

Back to top Go down

Post  Telian on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:26 am

you know honestly i have given it some thought and i feel that on the inside i would answer you Melor, and tell the entire trilogy of Jugg. but honestly the story involves plenty of things that might seem insulting to others since, and so since i dont want to shove sand in crevices in places that people dont want it, i will politely step from this conversation instead of pointing out things that i so dearly wish to mention here, but alas i believe that my point has been made, and thusly this is a forum. but i do request to please refrain from trying to tell a story of a guild it seems that you have very little......you know nevermind...
Telian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceforged on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:58 am

first, i applaud Oz for his efforts to make DO an enjoyable, inclusive guild

now, my 2 cents. i understand fully that if DO wants to be a top raiding guild on Cenarion Circle, we must have dedicated, and consistent raiders. this means that people must be focused to get to 80 and gear up.

people must know how much they can contribute whether they are good enough/hardcore to be in the PROGRESSION team or be in the CASUAL team.

however as Telian said 5-8 hardcore people are not going to cut it. so while people must put in a good effort to level to 80, why dont the first 80s help out too? for example Mirtas is an awesome leveler, when he has Mirtas to 80, he could help out too you see.

its all about striking a right balance, in this case between raiding and still be an inclusive family. if we have 15 people totally owning t7-t8 content but leave out the guild, then it doesnt matter man. and with this said,

i also think that the line between Progression and Casual is too clear-cut. i mean, look at Yanna, she cant be in the prog team cause of RL issues but she loves to raid and i KNOW she has so much dedication to the guild so those people in the Progression team can swap out players from time to time to include them in raids, for experience, gear etc. being sidelined into a Casual team just like that is unfair. and also higher geared people can also help Casual teams out.

and for the upper people(raid officers, GM) i know these decisions are hard but i maintain my stand that its all about striking a right balance.

-Ice

Iceforged

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:37 am

Just because you cannot raid the same time as group 1 or 2 doesn't mean you cannot be in a progression team.

That is why Boman is asking people to become raid leaders, to lead their own raids. It is up to the Raid Leaders to determine how they want their group to raid whether it be hardcore or casual.

For some reason ppl tend to get the impression that group 1 and 2 are the only progression group and this is not true. A progression group could just raid on the weekends and still probably progress faster than groups 1 or 2, but once again that is up to the raid leader and the people that are in the groups.

Once again group 1 and 2 ARE progression groups BUT they at the same time ARE NOT the only progressions groups that could be formed. The ball is in every guildy's court. It is up to you to determine how you want to raid and when you want to raid. If your play time and raid schedule don't fit in with groups 1 and 2, then ask around in guild, get ppl who play similar time as you and would run with you. Ask Boman for a raid leader position and start organising your team. You can be casual and still be progressing as fast as either group 1 and 2.

I am getting tired of people misunderstanding and taking things the wrong way...

((Btw this is Mirtas posting... forgot which acc i was on.))

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://disturbedones.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top