Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

Cataclysm Raid Plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cataclysm Raid Plans

Post  Boman on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 am

Having been asked what my plans are for Raiding in cataclysm, it's probably time to get the discussion going. Please reply to this thread if you are interested in raiding for Cataclysm. Along with your schedule and preferred raiding times. From that we'll see what we can put together for groups. If you are willing to lead the team, please note that as well.

My personal plan is to keep my warrior's 10-man group together as much as possible. We might lose a few people because I'd like to put more time into raiding so that we can defeat the HM end bosses. So I want to see us at a minimum going for 8 hours a week. I've seen what it takes to go 11/12HM in ICC, and for cataclysm I want even more. The challenge with 4 hours is that while learning you run out of time. Then once you start working on hard modes you run out of time. Time was always a problem. And in Cataclysm there is going to be multiple raid instances at the start. I had considered multiple teams for each raid instance, but in the end I'd prefer consistency with the people as well.

I don't have any plans yet for my other toons. Sometime after the first of the year I will probably consider raiding on them as well. So it is possible that I'll lead more teams (or be a filler for existing teams) but not right away. I need to get my warrior and priest ready first.

** One thing I forgot to mention when I originally posted this is that I do plan to have a rated battlegrounds night as well. Right now that will probably be more of an open invite night though if it's always the same people wanting to do it that could change as well. But I'm pretty excited about the idea of rated battlegrounds so I'm looking forward to being able to do them as a guild.

*** Updated: There is some preference to keep it for the same day. So how would people feel about keeping 8a-12p server but adding 6p-10p server as well (Helioz isn't free before 6p easily). My other thought would be Sunday mornings 8a-12p so that it would be sat+sun morning. Since people are probably available more in the mornings than at night.

Thank you,
-Boman

Last edited by Boman on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cataclysm Raiding plans

Post  Nuelor on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Always interested, and hopefully will continue to be part of the 10 man. I'm available for most times and don't really have a preferred time.

Nuelor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cataclysm Raid Plans

Post  Nezrathii on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm still available whenever cause I still don't have a job- if that changes then bleh though I will be in California from dec 22-jan 3 though should have internet there so ya no worries there

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nezrathii on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 am

gebus 2 weeks till cata wtf AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:01 am

Saturday mornings for 4 hours works well for me. I'm not sure about my raiding plans on Flint yet, but as it stands at the moment, 6-10pm conflicts with his current schedule so I won't be able to give my word on it yet.

As a personal preference though, I'd rather have two separate days. Weekends are most susceptible to missing raids due to family visits/parties/business events usually happening with my life. So having the 2 raid days on the weekend would suck. Weekdays are safest since work basically prevents me from sleeping over at places without internet as I would have work in the morning.

There are 3 raid instances being released:
  • Blackwing Descent - 6 bosses
  • Bastion of Twilight - 4 bosses (1 heroic mode only boss)
  • Throne of the Four Winds - 2 bosses

From just looking at them it looks like we'll have to have one raid period dedicated to BWD and one other raid period for the 2 other instances. There's also the VoA-type raid in Tol Barad which has 1 boss which we can do if we have it at raid times. If we play well we could probably farm out TotFW on normal and heroic until nobody needs gear from there and stop running it since it looks like BoT might be a pain on heroic due to having a special HM only boss in it.

Flinthrom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rachetguy on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Briteleaf is available for Saturday morning. Smile

rachetguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nezrathii on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:30 pm

for the 3 seperate instances are they all supposed to be around the same lvl in difficulty? I find it strange that they would actually have 3 of these out - i guess it equals out as enough bosses to equal a place like icc or ulduar- strange that it has been done in such a way as to require us to figure out which sections we should do first in order to get the most progression in the least amount of time- to start with in order for us to recieve the mass amount of valor points we will need to put into purchasing tier gear.

As I learned yesterday certain bosses will drop something called the essence of the forlorn which we will use to turn into vendors to upgrade the tier pieces we obtain from t11 to t11.5 or whatever you would like to call it. This is similar to the way t10 has worked except there will be no need to be depressed when certain class tier tokens drop instead of the one you want- everyone will turn in the same item into whatever token they require to upgrade whatever item they would like. As well there are 2 t11.0 the head and shoulders that can only be obtained from killing bosses so I believe our first priority will be to start farming those specific bosses that drop those items.

the three other t11.0 items can be obtained with valor points which we will be racking up having done as many bosses as we can. Along with all the other pieces we will need to purchase- specially for those that need the offhand thingies that don't drop anywhere- like dk and pally relics and druid idols- or w/e they are called for those classes.

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:12 pm

The best explanation I've read so far is:

http://eminencegaming.com/cataclysm-gear-sources-explained/

Which basically says:

iLevel 333: L85 Normal Dungeon Bosses / Reputation from Faction Vendors on Honored
iLevel 346: L85 Heroic Dungeon Bosses / Justice Points / Reputation from Faction Vendors on Revered
iLevel 359: Normal Cataclysm Raid Bosses / Valor Points / Reputation from Faction Vendors on Exalted
iLevel 372: Heroic Cataclysm Raid Bosses / Heroic Tokens to convert T11 to T11.5

There will also be a weekly Valor Point cap of 1250. Which means on 10-man you could still do the daily heroic every day and not max out until you're killing 10 raid bosses.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 am

I am still looking for volunteers that wish to start another raid group in the guild. I'd be happy to help try to fill it up / recruit but I don't expect to be able to help further until sometime in early 2011.

Here is what I'm thinking for the group I'll be doing:

Friday: 6-9p (or possibly Thursday 6-8p)
Saturday: 8a-12p
Monday: 6-8p

Once we're able to clear faster, Friday will be the first day to fall off the schedule. I struggled a lot with this based on everyone's feedback. But I just couldn't get past thinking 6 hours still wasn't quite enough. We'd hopefully work our way down to just Saturdays by the end of the tier, and then ramp it back up again for the next.

Just like this time around - if your performance or attendance isn't solid you will be replaced in the group. It's a hard thing to do, but it is necessary to meet the goals. Our requirements will be a little tighter since we want all hard modes down too. We did manage 11/12 HM in ICC but it also did come late and with the 30% buff that we won't have (granted, our final group started after the 30% buff too).

We can talk a little more about this on our raid this saturday to get a better feel for who still wants to stick with the team and who doesn't. We can also debate the schedule if necessary. Obviously feel free to do it here as well.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nezrathii on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 pm

UPS SUCKS!!!!!!! packages went out at 7:58am and still haven't arrived and its now 5:07pm
last time i EVER buy stuff I want to play right away online.

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top