Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

Cataclysm Raiding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cataclysm Raiding

Post  Boman on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 am

Cataclysm is slowly making its way towards us. Right now estimates are that we're going to see the 4.0 patch in October, and Cata in November. That may or may not happen, but I'd like people to start thinking about raiding plans when Cataclysm does hit. The chances are that when it hits we'll take a month or more off for people to level and gear up before resuming raids.

Most people I talk to seem to want to give up 25-man raiding and focus on 10's, since the gear will be the same and they will share a lockout. So unless there is enough interest in maintaining 25's, we'll probably be doing that. At the moment I'm personally thinking about:

Maintaining the Thu/Fri night timeslot(s): 6-8pm server, 6-9pm server.
Maintaining the Sat Morning timeslot: 8a-12p server

If there is enough interest we can certainly talk about maintaining multiple groups. And if you have a different time that interests you please feel free to post.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cataclysm Raiding

Post  Daargo on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Bo, love ya man, you know that.

Outside of me and you and a handfull of the faithful, I seriously doubt this forum gets any kind of real attention anymore to make raiding decisions. Maybe some peeps will prove me wrong.

I'd like to keep a 25 man going because that's probably the best fit for me. Seems the 10 man teams get a little too committed for me to fit in, them wanting to raid every day for 20 hours and stuff.

So, I vote/offer/suggest/recommend/request/beg to keep the Thursday/Friday thing.

I'm hoping this isn't the end of WoW for me personally, but it's really starting to look like it. Lot's of much better solo games out there if that's what I end up with.
Daargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helioz on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:20 am

I will only be lvling helioz first and will not have time to play everyday so it might take me time to get to 85 and for raiding i dont want to waste my time in 25mans seeing as are 25s are full of some not so great players still haveing hard time with the 30% icc buff is sad and the new raids in cata will not have the buff right away its going to take longer to down boss's in are 25 then 10 mans that drop the same loot so i vote start with 10mans first but the thing is we have more then 10 people in are guild that want to raid so were going to need a 2nd raid leader iam not the leader type so i pass on that job + no 1 will want to be in my group:( i say alot of random stuff when iam bord and have to much free time these next two weeks are going to be long lol
helioz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:22 am

Daaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggooooooooooo,

Much better solo games? I'm still hopelessly addicted to WOW I must say. I kept telling myself that when I was done with WOW I was done with MMO addiction. But I'm not so sure any longer.

Sadly I know most people don't come to the forums. But the truth is, the people who's opinions I care about the most do. So many people in wow come and go and only care about themselves. I can only take so much of that. Don't get me wrong, I have the added advantage of making my goals the priority when I'm leading raids. But I like to think that I'm usually able to do that without being a total ass.

I don't think having any single raid go 20 hours is too much of a threat come cataclysm. At least for me. I do plan to raid on 4 toons.. so for me personally it'll be over 20 hours. But I'd expect most raids to stay in the 4-6 hour range. My priests guild is currently planning to stick with 25's. If that works out on him alone it will be 12 hours a week. I am curious to see if Cata is the death to most 25's like everyone seems to be predicting. If it really does drop the same gear and has equal difficulty, then I expect it will as most people won't want the added aggravation. But we'll see.

I'm also hoping we get some last minute buff to help finish up the raids this expansion. I'm not sure what patch 4.0 will really bring for us. So I am a bit excited for that even if it does mean we're almost out of time this expansion.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Guess who reads this forum stuff almost every day even though he isn't a member of the guild anymore. Very Happy

I know I don't really have a say in how your guild moves forward Bo but in any case if you need someone to push you I will be there. Not too sure what my current guild Rönery is in has planned for Cataclysm but I'll be leveling Flint before I work on him and I reckon my time available for DK loving might not be as high as I would like it to be in the first couple of weeks. I plan to progress him at the same pace with Flint and if my guild doesn't need him (which I believe may be the case) then I can offer him to you if you ever need a filler toon.

I won't be interested in 25s whatsoever because bads tend to infiltrate raids that size and I am gonna sound elitist here but I only like to raid with good players who can actually kill stuff. The game is more enjoyable when everyone is doing well and stuff is dying. Wiping is not part of the game and it is not fun, it's only part of the game and fun when it happens due to random stuff and not due to people being shitty players for me. It was really fun to be a part of your guild's first LK kill and you know I am a reliable person so if you decide to keep the Saturday morning runs then I would love to be part of it since it's the least competitive time slot with Flint. I'll be most likely raiding on Flint during the week since we are going to be pushing for Realm Firsts or #1 Horde guild.

Keep me on a backup list somewhere.

Flinthrom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nezrathii on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I confused you play a mage and say wiping is not part of the game? being a mage is all about dying a horrible horrible death =P either way we shall see what will happen when cata comes- I've been bleh lately mostly cause of the job thing and the trinket crap that came up this week and just all around lack of stuff to do that entertains me. I'm aparently the type of psychotic that either needs some steady input of new material or I go stir crazy and get bleh with everything. In shorter words- without a job and with the lack of good games out for the past two months I've gotten bored with pretty much everything and so feel like doing nothing rather than stuff I'm bored with. BUT with dead rising 2 coming out tuesday, and crap loads of stuff coming out in the next few months as well as having talked to the guy at the news paper who gave me names of more people to get in contact with about internships ya we'll see how things go.

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grymgroeth on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Considering I plan to raid with at least 3 toons, and maybe run a group myself, I'm really liking 10 mans for Cataclysm.

Grymgroeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:41 pm

And looking at wowraid, the current estimate based upon game files is that we will see Cataclysm on December 7th. I was expecting November, so that's not too bad. What concerns me more though is the information about the raid lockouts. It turns out that they are implementing those changes in 4.01 and they will impact ICC/RS.

So stay tuned as we'll have more information soon. We'll have to discuss the status of our raids since having separate 25 and 10-man's won't be an option come the next patch if they stick with that. So we may have to stop some raids sooner than expected out of necessity. We'll see.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rachetguy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 am

I vote for continuing 25 man.

Briteleaf

rachetguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Since the 25man and 10man are gonna share a lockout (more or less) it would interfere with 10 toon's ability to do the 25man mode since they are doing heroic modes in 10man with the intention of getting the drake. It won't make sense to do 25man since the gear will be replaced in December any way while getting the drake using the free time now does. You can't switch between heroic modes and the two raid sizes as freely with normal modes with the new lockout system.

Flinthrom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Looking at the length of downtime scheduled for tomorrow, it does seem like the patch will be here this week. Our plans for the week that the patch hits are:

25-man will continue provided there is enough interest. It was opened up for an alt-switch for those that have 10-mans that they want to continue with on their main but still want to do 25's. The 25-man will be on Fridays only. If there isn't enough interest - and we should know that first week - then we will take a break from 25's as we plan for cataclysm.

For those in the Saturday morning 10-man, that is continuing unchanged. As of last week we have downed 10/12 hard modes.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:14 pm

So, what are we doing? We doing 25 man Thursday/Friday? Alt's on Friday? Only alts for those in 10 mans?

What's the buzz?
Daargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Some in the raid last week expressed a desire to stop raiding on Thursdays so that they could add that day to their 10-man schedule. So we will only be raiding 25's on Friday until Cataclysm. That is assuming we can fill up. So Thursday is now a free day.

We are opening up the run 1-time for alts to finish up the remainder of this expansion. Although we are doing this because many have 10-mans that they wish to continue, it would not be fair to restrict the alt-swap to those people only. So it is an opportunity for anyone to swap. That toon should be able to perform reasonably well in ICC (ICC gear not required - just the ability to perform at an ICC entry level).

It isn't an ideal situation, but given that the shared raid lockout was implemented it seems like the best choice we have.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks, Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Ok then,

No raids on Thursdays anymore,

Friday, 10-15, alts are welcome if they have the gear can perform ICC entry level,

Friday raids are alts as far as we can get until 12-7.
Daargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:40 am

Well, Friday's are an attempt to continue raiding until Cataclysm. If this past week was any indication of interest - being 11 short at start time and in the end having to pug 7 - we may attempt to drop down to a 10-man until Cataclysm or cancel all together. We'll see how invites look over the next few days for next Friday.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top