Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

25-Man Raiding Days

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25-Man Raiding Days

Post  Boman on Fri May 21, 2010 8:33 am

Given our recent attendance problems, it was asked this week if any consideration had been given to changing our friday night to another day. I'm not sure what everyone's thoughts are on that but I would be interested to hear. As for me, I just know we need more than 2 hours a week! We could extend, but that's not my preference since we still have plenty of people wanting or needing upgrades, badges, or more importantly tokens - which we're only getting off the 4th boss until we get further.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm hoping we can recruit a bunch of fresh faces for next week - so hopefully this is our last Friday cancel for a while.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25-Man Raiding Days

Post  Grymgroeth on Fri May 21, 2010 7:04 pm

I'd rather stay on Friday for our 2nd night but failing that, I'd prefer just extending the existing lockout to just farming the 4 easy bosses every week. I understand there are folks like Kirau that are still after specific drops from the first wing but there are other options for those gear slots even if they aren't quite as good or come in an "unpopular" weapon type.

Hardmodes in the first wing would be kinda nice if we're gonna keep resetting the lockouts every week.

Grymgroeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Fri May 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Unfortunately you can only do hard modes if someone in the group has killed the LK for that raid size.

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grymgroeth on Fri May 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Doh, I forgot about that requirement for ICC. All the more reason to start extending lockouts once in a while so we can kill more bosses though.

Grymgroeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo on Sat May 22, 2010 1:34 pm

If Fridays were working, we wouldn't be discussing another night.

I would vote Saturday although with summer upon us, weekends will probably be the same as Friday.
Daargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Sun May 23, 2010 10:06 am

Looking at this weeks attendance it still looks to be a bit challenging. We've been talking a bit about how we move forward and we will be giving it a little bit more time. I can say that if we have 15 or less accepted on the calendar there's a good chance that we'll just cancel the raid the night before. So if you're curious if the raid is going to try to get going just check out the title in the calendar when you get on. If we're cancelling ahead of time that will be changed to say "Cancelled". If the past few weeks are any indication, this is more likely to happen on Friday.

We're trying to get a few new members in the raid also. Though most aren't in the guild, they are friends of current raiders, etc... So hopefully that helps some. We are so close on putricide, and once we get putricide down we absolutely can get down a few more bosses. Many raids skip putricide until after blood wing. So we're on the verge of even more success it would be such sadness and waste to stop now! But to be fully open, it is something we discuss. We don't want to do something like just keep killing the first 4 bosses over and over again. It doesn't make sense.

The final, for now, change we're going to be making is that Kindring and I will be swapping roles. So he will be leading the raid and keeping us moving, I will be slacking off with the epics slipping them into my bags instead of giving them to you. In all seriousness though, this does mean that loot will go from total open to semi-open. We want to keep things as simple as we can, so the general loot distribution won't change. But we'll probably be having a little bit more conversations when it's trinkets and such that are very finicky about who is best equipped to take care of them long term.

As we raid, yes a final final note, please note that many in the raid get an assist. These are the officers from both guilds, and occasionally a random player like Nuelor so he can mark his own bots. Sometimes even Helioz so he can yell "Boobs" in a raid warning. I bring this up because if there is ever anything you want to mention, feel free to whisper any of these players. Being a raid leader I know it's hard to keep up with everyone asking things, and many people don't get the time or effort that their questions deserve because you're focused on keeping the raid moving. So feel free to ask it of one of the other officers as well. It does get back. We also keep a special channel open for officers from both guilds so that we can have some conversations while we're raiding without interrupting the normal flow of things.

Thank you as always,
Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rachetguy on Sun May 23, 2010 11:11 am

With Friday nites going the wayside and the need to have extended hours for a raid, I can only say that the weekend during daylight hours (8am-8pm) are whats available. I for one cannot raid past 8pm server time on any work night as I am a early riser for work the following day.

So Bo', when ya'll determine what day/time you moving the raid to, consider the above for my participation.

Briteleaf

rachetguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 pm

I have the same issues brite - the morning comes way too fast! Hopefully we can keep things moving until cataclysm, then we'll see how it goes. Big changes to be sure. It sounds a lot like 25-mans will be a thing of the past. Which I think is good for some but bad for others. For us the multiple raids and lockouts gave us some opportunity to include more than we would have been able to otherwise.

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Mon May 31, 2010 8:49 am

Hi again,

I'm not sure how popular it will be, but due to attendance on Fridays I'm currently trying to recruit another 5+ people for our raids. That will make it a little more challenging to get everyone in for Thursdays so here is how I plan to handle that (both days:)

If 25 or less people accept and you are on 15 minutes prior when the invites start and the first mass invite goes out, then we will get you in if at all possible (based upon raid makeup... if we have 15 melee on and accepted it isn't going to happen). After that we may only save you a spot if we know you are going to be late and it makes sense for the group to do so.

After 15 minutes prior, we will be taking the best people on to fill the remaining spots and try to start on-time. As soon as you get an invite to the raid, it is our expectation that you begin flying to the instance.

As we get more steady people, I will be removing more and more people off the invite list so that we don't suffer overcrowding. Not being on the list doesn't mean you won't get a spot, it just means that you haven't been one of the more steady/regular of people for both nights. The priority really needs to go to those people.

I may get repetitive with these posts sometimes, but I'm just constantly trying to work things out.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top