Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

ICC25 Loot Distribution

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ICC25 Loot Distribution

Post  Boman on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 am

The time has come to find out if we keep loot the way it is or go back to some sort of loot distribution system. This week we start ICC25 on Thu and Fri and our raid has been stabilizing some. I do have some thoughts, but first I figured I'd find out what people think of going back to having a system. At least those few people that still choose to come to the forums! Your input does matter.

Thanks,
-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ICC25 Loot Distribution

Post  Nezrathii on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:14 pm

I personally kinda like the veterancy because it takes forever for people not to be on the same lvl (so for at least the first 5 days everyone who is coming has the same opportunity for loot and beyond that there is a great range in which people are still on the same lvl- still keeping the one epic per run rule (but still roll incase noone else wants)

I've done dkp and while it works fine at the beginning- later on things can get really messy specially when people no longer have anything they want from the instance or only certain things that don't seem to drop- plus if there are no set rules ahead of time (cloth for clothies etc) it can get nasty when people try to get things that aren't exactly for them (ie. pally healer getting a mail healing piece even though it is an upgrade)

Honestly I like the "only roll if its actually an upgrade for you" but that only seems to work on a full guild run where everyone knows where everyone else is at and what they are looking for in general. I know as a mage in one of my first guilds doing mc/bwl the mages had a seperate chat channel where we would discuss gear upgrades and who would benefit from which piece more- but that was with a constant crew and the 40 people every night thing required us to be more organized than we are currently.

I think that whatever system we pick for the future needs to have ground rules (cloth for clothies etc, one epic per run, w/e else im forgetting) after that, they're all pretty much equal in practice.

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:02 am

Well, after last nights earth shattering attendance record - I almost thought we were going to rip the very fabric of the space time continuum. Had that happened, no doubt we would have been thrust into an unfamiliar world where epic loots, tokens, and strange paraphernalia could upset the very delicate balance of the war against the lich king.

That didn't happen.

So I think we're going to table this for now. Please continue to post any thoughts that you might have. But until we are getting consistent groups on a consistent basis we will continue with the loot system we are using.

Next on the agenda, does Thursday night work for raiding ICC25? How much do we care about progression since one night will never be enough to clear the entire instance? We will certainly give it another go next week, but we may be faced with some very difficult questions.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top