Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

Ulduar Raiding Group / Changes (Last Updated 05/19/2009)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ulduar Raiding Group / Changes (Last Updated 05/19/2009)

Post  Boman on Sun May 17, 2009 4:52 pm

The Officers of DisturbedOnes recently discussed the current state of raiding within the guild and measured that against what our goals, and those goals of many of our members, were. It was very clear that we were not meeting our progression goals within 25-man Heroic Ulduar. We have worked hard since Ulduar came out to continue running 25-man Heroic Naxx and help to gear our members so that we could find raiders from within to fill out and move towards Ulduar progression. It was a difficult decision because we, and many that have raided with us for a long time, wanted to be in Ulduar. But it felt like the right decision at the time.

Recently our 2 10-man Ulduar groups have begun making great strides. To see that progression and know that when we run 25-man Ulduar we are unable to down any boss other than Flame Leviathan is a problem. It means

that despite our efforts to gear people up, we are still faced with the following challenges:

1. People are not paying attention
2. People are not coming prepared to every raid
3. People are not consistent with their availability
4. People are not seeking advice and maximizing their potential

Ulduar is not Naxx and maybe people have become complacent because of that. It's not a question I can answer. What I can say is that it has become clear that it's time to move on. 25-man Heroic Ulduar progression is where we want to be. It is not our goal to be the top progression guild on the server - that can belong to others. What we do want is continued progression through the latest content and a solid, dedicated, yet friendly raiding atmosphere to achieve that.

With all that being said, I will now make the following announcements:

For the next 2 weeks we will continue to raid 1 day in Naxx and 1 day in Ulduar / VoA. If we want to do a full clear of naxx, we have 4 hours to do this. Guilds at our gear level should be doing this much faster than we are. Consider it a challenge, and let's get it done. The best gear drops from KT, and if we don't do it in under 4 hours we won't be seeing it. These dates are May 22, 23 and May 29, 30.

As of June 5, 6 we will no longer be running Naxx on a regular schedule. Our entire raid will be devoted to Ulduar and Ulduar progression. To be a part of this raid you will need to meet minimum requirements and these requirements will be followed strictly. You should also plan on making it to the raids for the next 2 weeks as performance over the next 2 raids will be used as benchmarks for Ulduar and will assist us in determining who will get the full member spots on our progression team. The application requirements are as follows:

NOTE: We will be recruiting from outside of the guild as well, so if you are interested in a spot on the team you should apply immediately. Priority will be given to guild members who exceed expectations on a continual basis. Details below.

[OPTIONAL]: You are a full-time member of the Group 1 (Boman) or Group 2 (Ozmademos) Ulduar 10-man team. This means that you make it to 75% of your scheduled raids (If you are in Boman's group, this means that if you are scheduled for Tue/Thu then coming Tue/thu is 100%). This also means that if at any point you are no longer considered a full-time member of one of these teams, you lose your spot in the 25-man Heroic Ulduar progression group and have to go through the application process to get on the team. If you meet this requirement, then the requirements listed below do not pertain to you (the rules do however).

[REQUIREMENT]: You are able to perform within 10% of the top 4 healers and/or dps'ers in the raid and consistently show activity ratings that are in line with the average of the raid for that night.

### RULES AND REGULATIONS ###
[-- 1 --] 75% Attendance is required. (see detail below)
[-- 2 --] You must be on your toon and ready for invite 15-minutes prior to the posted start time.
[-- 3 --] You will have Buff Food and Flasks/Elixirs to last you for the entire raid.
[-- 4 --] You will have enough gold to cover assuming 4 hours of wipes, so you do not risk running out.
[-- 5 --] *** You will be on your best behavior. ***
[-- 6 --] You will be able to stay for the entire raid, which may run up to 15-minutes past the posted end time based upon the discretion of the raid leader(s).

Failure to meet any of these rules at any time will result in your immediate removal from the raid for that night. 2 of any such occurrences in a one month rolling timeframe will result in your permanent removal from the group.

[AVAILABLE SPOTS]: We will be accepting 25 applicants for main spots on our roster, 5 applicants for alternate spots on our roster, and a number of applicants for fill-in spots on our roster. The breakdown is as follows:

Main Spot: If you are on when invites start 15-minutes prior to the posted start time of the raid, you are given a blind invite. If you miss the invite but are available you are expected to stay online for the duration of the raid in case you are needed.

Alternate Spot: You are held to the same standards as a main spot member. You must be on and ready for invite 15-minutes prior to the posted start time of the raid. If you are not needed you are expected to stay online for the duration of hte raid in case you are needed. If a main spot ever drops from the group for any reason, you are given membership priority if you fill that role. (you can be on an alt as long as the raid leader(s) are able to get you immediately if needed). You accrue DKP for being on-line and available, though not at the same rate as those in the raid.

Fill-In: You have an unpredictable schedule but would like to come when available and if needed. You will be given priority over a PUG, but not over an Alternate Spot member. You do not accrue DKP unless you are in the raid.

[LOOT]: Loot will continue under our current DKP system with the following rules:
Main Spec / Alternate Spec Item: 100 dkp / 25 dkp
Main Spec / Alternate Spec Tier: 150 dkp / 50 dkp

Loot Priority will be Main Spec, Dual Spec, Other. If you roll on an item that is not your main spec nor dual spec, you will be charged full dkp if you win.

If you have an existing main spec item of equal or higher item level, and nobody else rolls on the item, you may receive that item for the Alternate Spec DKP cost.

Members with DKP < 0 will be treated as having 0 dkp for the purpose of rolling. It will deduct further from the actual DKP amount.

Hard Mode items will be given based upon a combination of Lifetime DKP and rolling rather than the normal dkp process.

[APPLICATION]: To Apply for a spot on the team reply to this post with your interest and one of the officers of the guild will have a discussion with you soon. We can go over with you requirements, talk about your spec / dual-spec, and answer any questions you might have. Membership will not be handed out freely, and you must be a player that knows how to play your class and perform consistently well. For some it will be a difficult thing to hear, but you may need to learn more about your class and how to play to maximize your potential before coming into 25-man Heroic Ulduar.

Thank you,
-Boman

Last edited by Boman on Tue May 19, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulduar Raiding Group / Changes (Last Updated 05/19/2009)

Post  Aurisa on Sun May 17, 2009 5:17 pm

This is a great direction for us to go in! It may seem harsh to some but as Bo stated, we are not progressing right now eventhough we have the gear to be able to do it. Most of our people should be able to meet the requirments to raid so if anyone is left out it is really just because they are not playing to their potentail. That being said I know we have many people in guild that know their classes and can help others so don't hesitate to ask! We cannot baby people anymore and expect to progress so it is up to everyone to play to the best of their abilities!

I hope to see you all in the furture raids, good luck!
Aurisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ganjr on Sun May 17, 2009 5:52 pm

this is a great idea

ganjr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ganjr on Sun May 17, 2009 5:55 pm

and with that being said, this is silencetria, I am always online and I know and play my class very well, if any other locks would like some advice on specs or rotations feel free to send me a whisper or ingame mail

ganjr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

25 Nan Raid

Post  Saba on Sun May 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi guys

I agree with the post, we need raiders who come prepared both in mind and in gold, pots, elix etc.

I am definitely interested in a spot for the 25 man raids. Unfortunately, I can not attend on Friday nights till about 7 server, as you already know.. I completely understand you need people for both nights to make a good team, thus my situation means sharing a spot, as we have done before and is definitely fine with me, I am a team player and will be available as you need .

In any eventuality as to my status for the raids, I think this is a big positive step forward and am so pleased you have moved in this direction.

Saba

Saba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nezrathii on Sun May 17, 2009 11:41 pm

I also agree with this and support it- I hope to be a main spot for this and hopefully my trip to Canada from june 1 to august 1 will not detract from my avaibability

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rachetguy on Mon May 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Read and understood! Smile

Briteleaf

Last edited by rachetguy on Fri May 22, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

rachetguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuelor on Tue May 19, 2009 11:55 pm

I'd like to come and will be availble both days.

Nuelor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helioz on Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 am

WOOT!!! iam down for both dayz
helioz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ozmademos on Wed May 20, 2009 4:01 am

I like it. I'm in as always Smile
Ozmademos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsunekon on Wed May 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Kit is, as usual, available for both Fridays and Saturdays, barring catastrophic accidents.

Kitsunekon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom on Wed May 20, 2009 1:21 pm

About bloody time. I, personally, was becoming frustrated with the current state of the raids. I almost broke on Sunday when we couldn't even get past Felmyst in Sunwell. The ability for the raid to perform has diminished to the point where we can't even get past BC content regardless of gear. Taking 10 minutes to recover from a wipe and waiting 10 minutes before pulling trash or a boss is ridiculous and I hope this is addressed by the officers. I am expecting penalties, even for myself, if performance and negative impacts on raid progression is directly influenced by a teammate. I know it's just a game but I don't think that a lot of people take the raiding seriously. Most of us are taking time off to enjoy a game, yes, but I do not enjoy being frustrated due to one or two people's tardiness or incompetence. If I sound harsh it is because I am fed up. I hate having to be standing around, pressing my spacebar wondering "wtf are we waiting on?" and then when we finally start to do something half the raid ignore orders and run off and do their own thing.

I'd also like to add that preparing for a raid does not only mean coming with buff foods, flasks and repair gold etc. It also means that you take 5 mins out of your day and go to wowikki or some other website and read up a bit on the bosses you will be fighting so that you know what to expect. That way Boman or whoever will not have to repeat themselves as much on explaining those strategies further wasting raid time.

So...after my short rant:
I am available 100% for this and everyone who has raided with me knows my potential and my ability to consistently perform in our raids. So consider this my application.

Flinthrom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo on Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Embarassed

Last edited by Daargo on Fri May 22, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ctulhu on Fri May 22, 2009 5:07 pm

You know Ct is always down....
I know I can't make the 10 mans much, im trying to clean my schedule up but it isn't easy.
i can gurantee I will be here for every friday and saturday raid as long as you guys will still have me
Ctulhu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orisis on Mon May 25, 2009 7:09 pm

i should be able to make this coming week, sorry to everyone for not being here for a couple of weeks. Being in the Band for the Marine Corps does take a huge chunk out of my time from time to time...(ya i said time like 3 times in the same sentence deal with it!!!) but i should be ok and will let everyone know days prior to the events. Orisis craves Iron Dwarf blood! or Old God blood haha

Orisis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chirs on Thu May 28, 2009 8:31 pm

U know Des is down for 25 man Ulduar

Chirs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top