» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

4/24 - 4/25 Raiding Plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4/24 - 4/25 Raiding Plans

Post  Boman on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:29 am

A couple of things I'd be interested in your opinions on:

1. Should we do Ulduar on Friday or Saturday? Since we give priority to those that come Friday, I'm tempted to say Saturday to help alleviate the issue where we have lots of people for Ulduar and then lose a portion of those people on Saturday because they aren't interested in Naxx/Maly/...

2. I've had some questions lately from long time raiders about Naxx and the removal of DKP. Some have been coming with us for a long time now and waiting for KT drops. With DKP gone it comes down to pure luck whether or not they get those items now. Since KT drops are an upgrade vs the rest of naxx25, should preference be given to those that have been with us a long time?

3. The key drop on Sapphiron, should that be free-roll, dkp/roll for those that have been with us the longest, or given to the person who needs an upgraded neck the most?

As always, comments are welcome.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4/24 - 4/25 Raiding Plans

Post  Nezrathii on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:40 pm

I am not sure about naxx- I would like to suggest that the key from saph be either a free roll or some combination of time and best upgrade because I believe it would be unfair to give it directly to someone who joins us for one night just because they have a worse neck than anyone else-- I would like it to go to those who have been constantly raiding but I am torn.

As for Ulduar I think we should do it on saturday so that it comes after at least one full day of killing bosses and good feelings since the effort it takes to learn new fights and progress can be quite stressful and I believe it would boost our moral and assist in our mental state while progressing to have most of naxx25 if not all done- that way as well we could choose to finish off naxx if it was not finished on saturdays after spending the first 2.5-3 hours or so in ulduar

unfortunately though I think it will take quite a while for us to gear up all of the people who have come to replace those who aren't with us any more so it is even more important to put a focus on gearing up through naxx25 while still doing at least the first boss in ulduar and making attempts on the other bosses (while not focusing on that too much in order to properly gear up our raiders)

Nezrathii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjade on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:58 pm

1. In my opinion, we should do Naxx 25 on Friday and continue until full clear, even if we need to extend raid times. We should have the DPS to full clear in @3.5-4 hours. We also have a good way of figuring out who is ready for Ulduar the next day. Whoever went Friday and meets the minimum requirements ( DPS/HPS) should be considered as regulars for the Saturday Ulduar raid.

2.We should maintain the DKP for Fridays Naxx 25 run, until we decide to stop doing Naxx 25. A separate DKP system should be used for Ulduar with a bonus being given to the raiders for running both Naxx 25 ( whatever raid on Friday ) and Ulduar 25 on Sat.

3.The key should be free rolled now for raiders who have been considered regulars ( minimun standard would need to be set ) and not given to PUGs. Once they meet that criteria, then given to highest roller. We have been running Naxx 25 for awhile now and there are many neck pieces that drop, as far as I know all our regulars have epic neck pieces.

NightJade

Nightjade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:06 pm

1. Uldar on Saturday because I usually get to sleep in on Saturday morning and don't get the sleepies. We SHOULD be able to do a full clear on one day by now.

2. Keep current DKP for Naxx. It's a way to keep them coming back perhaps.

3. Priority for Saph key drop should be me then whoever. Or, regulars who have been raiding with us consistantly should have priority.
Daargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ozmademos on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:52 pm

1. Should we do Ulduar on Friday or Saturday?

Saturday would be my say, since people could get things in 25Naxx on Friday that would then benefit them the next day in 25Ulduar. Also, the people who come to 25Naxx Friday should be given priority for Saturdays to promote the idea that we need people to be patient and understanding about the time and effort in gearing and helping others and also in developing cohesion within the raid itself.

2. I've had some questions lately from long time raiders about Naxx and the removal of DKP. Some have been coming with us for a long time now and waiting for KT drops. With DKP gone it comes down to pure luck whether or not they get those items now. Since KT drops are an upgrade vs the rest of naxx25, should preference be given to those that have been with us a long time?

Keep DKP for 25Naxx as well, but keep it on a separate table from Ulduar. We shouldnt undermine the people who've been coming for so long and still need certain upgrades from 25Naxx.

3. The key drop on Sapphiron, should that be free-roll, dkp/roll for those that have been with us the longest, or given to the person who needs an upgraded neck the most?

I thought the 1000 lifetime dkp limit was an outstanding idea for the key. Freeroll it for those people who've come the most out of anyone else. This protects long term members and gives something for people to still come back for to get a chance at the key.
Ozmademos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rachetguy on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:10 pm

I like Naxx on Friday and roll to Uldar on Saturday. As said above... far more likely to have repeat attendance that way so we can build a firm 25 man team again.

Malygos Key... should go to long time members. The 1000 dkp lifetime should be the bar to set to allow
rolling for it.

Briteleaf

rachetguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top