Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

Ulduar Raid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ulduar Raid

Post  Boman on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Since we will be going into Ulduar this Thursday, 4/16, please make sure you have full food buffs and flasks to last you for a few hours of potential wiping. In addition, make sure you have your very best gear in your inventory even if you don't normally wear it for your spec. The vehicles in the flame leviathan fight scale based upon the players item level for gear.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: You should come to every raid with a minimum of 1 stack (20 pieces) of buff food, and 20 Elixirs (or enough flasks to cover the entire raid time). You also must be able to stay the entire time regardless of wipes or anything outside of an unexpected personal emergency.

Please be early, spots will only be guaranteed until 5 minutes before raid time for those of you listed on our roster and considered primary members (4:25pm server).

Thank you,
-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulduar Raid

Post  Boman on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:55 pm

So I hope everyone's been reading up on the fights. They sound... different and... hard! Should be a lot of fun. From what I've been reading, most find Flame Leviathan easy after the first few attempts getting used to the controls. The trash to the second boss - incredibly hard compared to what we've been used to lately. Many of underestimated it and wiped their first tries. And all other bosses - much more challenging than anything we've seen so far in Wrath. One common trend - the bosses hit VERY Hard and healers are going to have a challenge.

Please do not go in expecting to move quickly.

We will definitely want to go with our 2 tank, 5 dps, 3 healer rotation. We may need to find a tank for tonight as we continue to recruit for the role.

I've also heard from Oz - and read on different message boards - that the place is absolutely amazing to look at. It feels epic. I can't wait to experience it!

And once again... Food bluffs and elixirs/flasks are a must!!!

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ctulhu on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Bo is right, I don't know how many people actually pay attention but CC is needed on trash and expect a few hours of wiping, other than that......Let's have fun
Ctulhu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnorwit on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 pm

To those who will be heading into ulduar this weekend or next week, This is not naxx the trash mobs actually do a crap load of damage and should not be taken lightly.
Gnorwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Another question for the group:

Do you think it's too much to ask people and expect that they come with food for buffs and flasks/elixirs? Last night I noticed the following:

6 people had both food buffs and flasks/elixirs for every fight - Thank you and well done!
2 people had food buffs but no flask/elixir
2 people had neither (may have put on a food buff for some attempts)

So let me dig a little deeper:

If someone feels that they shouldn't waste their consumables until we are good enough on the boss fight that they feel it would make a difference, is that ok?

I do want to hear your opinions... and here is mine:

No, it's not OK. We are in progression content, and you never know what attempt is going to be that one try where we get the boss down to 1% and would have had him if we just had that little bit extra. My flask was giving me an extra 1.2k health, and my buff food an additional 40 stam. Does that matter on fights where you are taking a lot of damage? I think so.

Anyway, last night I made the simple rule that if you were not buffed appropriately you could not roll on loot. After giving it more consideration I've decided to take a harder stance on it. If you do not come to the raid fully prepared with a full stack of buff food and flasks/elixirs to get through the raid you will be asked to drop group and be moved to an alternate spot on the roster.

If you need help gathering or making things - ask! There are a lot of people in the guild that would be more than happy to help.

Thank you,
-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurisa on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:02 pm

I agree Bo. After seeing Ulduar last night I can say we need every little bit of help we can get.

Also if anyone does need help with food or whatnot there is still food in the bank and we also have a lot of alchemists (myself included) that can do flasks. I was trying to keep a good amount of food in the bank for raids but due to my new work schedule I don't have time to do that like I used to. Anyone else who would like to contribute to stocking the bank with raid provisions would be greatly appercaited!
Aurisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ctulhu on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:01 pm

I'm with Bo, i remember raiding back in the day when pots, elixers, foods, everything, was all a REQUIREMENT and the entire concept that youre time is better than ours for gathering stuff, it's pretty selfish. A stack of the best food is only 100 gold, go do some dailies. Every little bit counts when progressing, come with your A-game or don't go.
Ctulhu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Food and Flask buffs

Post  Saba on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:26 pm

I agree.

I think till something is on farm we need everyone to have flask and food buff. I am elix speced if people want me to make things for them. The major item I need is frost lotus for the nice flasks (Frost Wyrm + 125 spell, and Endless rage + 180 attack power). I have the Lichbloom, Goldclover and Icethron in abundance that I will contribute to the people that provide frost lotus for their Flask.

Saba

Saba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top