Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

REQUEST FOR COMMENT: Raiding Schedule with Ulduar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

REQUEST FOR COMMENT: Raiding Schedule with Ulduar

Post  Boman on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:45 pm

With Ulduar just around the corner, we've been having some discussions about what the guild raiding schedule should look like. Should we keep running naxx 25, OS, Malygos, etc... The following is a general proposal to start some discussions:

For 10-man Teams 1 & 2, we would move to raiding only on Tuesdays.

NAXX 25:
Thursday: 5-7:30pm Server
Saturday: 2-4pm Server
Alts are allowed
Mains take priority over alts for spots on a given week
No fixed spots; mains are encouraged to join open spots to help push the raid along
(maintain existing dkp system for those that have wanted that one item forever?)
(Some runs may focus on achievements)

Ulduar 25:
Friday: 5-9pm Server
Saturday: 5-9pm Server
Alts are not allowed
Players must be geared appropriately
(New dkp system)

Malygos/OS 25:
Saturday Naxx25 run or Sunday Classic Raid run may periodically do one of these instances instead. As a guild, it continues to be our goal to work on all achievements over time. As we start gearing up from Ulduar these achievements should be more attainable.

I'm not sure how to fit in all our goals and not end up having too many raiding times. So I would be interested in peoples opinions, as well as how to handle the new VoA wing. Since VoA is a smaller part of our core group that consistently shows up, my initial thought was to remove it from the schedule and let people do it on their own if they wish to.

As always, your comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REQUEST FOR COMMENT: Raiding Schedule with Ulduar

Post  Atrocia on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Is there any chance of a raid being set up sometime later in the evenings? I'd love to join a regular 10 or 25 group but I don't get home until 6pm server and I work Saturdays. I don't really think I'm in the position to start one (I haven't even cleared all of Naxx yet) but I'd definitely be interested if there was such a group.

Atrocia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:53 pm

We're always looking for people wanting to start up new groups. As we hear from people that they are interested we also try to help get new groups together. And remember - to organize a group you don't need to be the raid leader. You just need to make sure one of the people in the group is interested in being the raid leader.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ganjr on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm

those times seem pretty good

ganjr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demanndred on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 pm

What about
Thursday and Friday (5-9) Ulduar 5-9
Saturday (5-10 or until cleared) Naxx 25
Sunday (5-9) Maly/OS
and then if people want to after the maly or OS run they can stick around after for a classic raid

My thinking is 2 things we hardly get enough people to make a guild run out of the 2 O'Clock saturday runs and also I would think we would have better odds of clearing Naxx 25 if we do it in one night since we always lose time organizing our groups so two two-hour runs just doesnt seem like it will be enough time once you subtract the time to get the group formed.

I would think we would have enough people to make a thursday run viable since as it is we already have Naxx-10 1 and 2 running about the same time on thursdays.

Demanndred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:43 pm

I agree and I'd love to see more feedback and see if we can start working on a consensus. As for me, I do have to stop raiding at 7:30pm server on workdays (which is 10:30pm for me). So on a typical week it's Friday and Saturday nights that I am able to raid later. But if a majority of players had the later times that worked for them I would be happy to step out. Our first priority is to get the raid going and people able to consistently make the times.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnorwit on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:00 pm

I also agree with those times and days speaking on behalf of myself and others i know in guild who can not make most of the heroic runs because of work and or real life stuff thursday gives those people a chance to run with guild other than pugging a failed run over and over again. That only really speaks for naxx 25 Ulduar will be a different story but then again those who can't regularly make naxx 25's would have a difficult time in Ulduar 25 to start. Maybe by the time a reg ulduar 25 gets going we will have enough people geared to start another group on different days. I know I know i'm looking too far ahead maybe but to everyone who cannot make certian raids not all is lost patience is a virtue that will be rewarded with time Very Happy
Gnorwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Raid times and days

Post  Saba on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:15 pm

All the days and times seem good to me except Friday, I am usually not home till about 7 server time. If possible a later start would be great for me, but may be too late for others. Thanks

Saba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Uldar Raiding

Post  Timbits on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:39 am

I'd prefer the times like Boman posted. 4:30pm to 7:30pm for weekdays; 5pm to 9pm weekends & Fridays.

It's hard for us working stiffs to get up at the crack of dawn!

Thanks,

Timbits

Timbits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:48 pm

I know that initially we will not be making any changes to the existing schedule. Naxx will be replace by Ulduar, but the days/times will stay the same. After a month or so, once we are familiar with Ulduar, we will re-evaluate this. So we still have some time to work this all out.

Ulduar is supposed to be easier on 10-man this time around, so our 10-man groups will be an important part of our 25-man progression. In addition, the 10-man drops are minor upgrades over the 25-man Naxx drops, so that will also be a benefit.

-Boman

Boman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top